BBNAIJA 2020 LIVE UPDATES

 Woodberry’s fraud case dismissed – US government charge him with a slightly different crime

Woodberry’s fraud case dismissed – US government charge him with a slightly different crime

 

Following Hushpuppi aledged release (transfer) Woodberry’s Fraud case has also been dismissed

The lawyer in Chicago representing alleged fraudster, Olalekan Ponle AKA Mr Woodberry, Michael Nash has revealed why a US court dismissed the fraud case against his client.

It was previously stated that the U.S. government filed a motion on Monday, July 20th, through its counsel John R. Lausch, asking that the case against Woodberry be dismissed without prejudice, even after he was indicted by a grand jury on an eight-count wire fraud charge.

VIEW ALSO : Hushpuppi’s Lawyer Gives Details About Hushpuppi’s Release From Prison

Commenting on the growth, however, Nash told Premium Times that the case was dismissed because the government alleged a slightly different crime against his client.

He said,

“The government dismissed the case because it charged him with a slightly different crime. In the long run, no difference.”

Assistant U.S. Attorney, Joseph D. Fitzpatrick who spoke on behalf of the plaintiff also told the publication that although the complaint is dismissed, the grand jury’s indictment is still active.

Fitzpatrick said;

“We dismissed the complaint, but the indictment (charging 8 counts of wire fraud) is still active. We cannot comment on the dismissal of the complaint, but I wanted to make sure you knew the indictment is still active.

“Mr Ponle has now been charged by indictment, instead of being charged by the complaint by FBI”.

It was further learnt that the suspected Nigerian fraudster is still in the custody of the U.S. Marshal

Leave A Reaction
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x