Memorize: “But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.” – 2 Corinthians 9:6
Read: Genesis 26:12-14 (KJV)
12 Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.
13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
From the beginning of creation, multiplication has been central to the purpose and agenda of God for humanity. The Lord in His infinite wisdom specifically chose His words when He proclaimed His first blessing upon mankind in Genesis 1:28, saying:
“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”
God deliberately started His proclamation with “Be fruitful”. What does it mean to be fruitful? Fruitfulness is actually a form of multiplication, because when a single seed of corn or a tiny portion of some other crop is planted, at the time of harvest it usually brings forth multiple folds of what was planted. Amazingly, after God proclaimed “Be fruitful”, He thereafter commanded the multiplied fruits to be multiplied again, culminating in what is known as progressive multiplication. Surprisingly, God didn’t stop there; He went ahead to make another related decree, saying “Replenish the earth”. This implies that after getting to the end of a process, there is a need to make preparations for beginning the process all over again. To replenish the earth is to nourish and prepare the ground to produce and accommodate future harvests successfully.
Consequently, God’s principle of divine multiplication can be said to be multidimensional. Let’s consider a few of the dimensions that can usher one into the realm of divine multiplication. The first of these is thanksgiving. If you want to be blessed, learn to offer quality thanksgiving to God for His love and mercy, goodness and favor. Sing praises to God for who He is: the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the Ancient of days, and the Lord of Hosts. You cannot praise and worship God enough; therefore, keep spending quality time praising Him. The second aspect of the principle of multiplication is giving. Giving involves providing for the less privileged in our society, paying tithes and offerings, sponsoring the propagation of the gospel of Jesus, and getting involved in the work of ministry. Giving is a time tested aspect of the principle of multiplication, confirmed by the Lord Himself in Luke 6:38. The third dimension of multiplication is to be a diligent worker. God promised in several passages of the Bible to bless the work of our hands (Deuteronomy 12:7, Psalm 1:3). God does not bless emptiness (Proverbs 21:25, 2 Thessalonians 3:10)! Christians must have a livelihood and be committed to working hard before they can hope for multiplication. The fourth dimension of the principle of multiplication is holy living and prayer (Philippians 4:6). Finally, do not be satisfied with the grace that you already have. Be thankful for it but don’t go to sleep over past successes. Believe God and serve Him in holiness, and God’s principle of progressive multiplication will begin to operate in your life today in Jesus’ Name.
Father, let Your principle of progressive multiplication begin to work for me in Jesus’ Name.
Bible in One Year
Sing Hymn 1
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD
DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER
2019 FORTY NINE DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE
DAY 39: PRAYER AGAINST THE SPIRIT OF FEAR: Text: Ps 91:5. Thou shalt not be afraid for
the terror by night; [nor] for the arrow [that] flieth by day; 2Timo 1:17, Rom 8:15-16,Ps 23:4.
1. Father I thank you because you are not the author of confusion, thank you for the revelation of
your word through our Daddy G.O
2. As a member of RCCG, I refuse to fear because God has not given us the spirit of fear.
3. I bind the spirit of fear in my life in the name of Jesus
4. I break every evil covenant that has brought or may bring fear to my life in this year in Jesus
5. I command every terror of the night that has brought fear into my life to stop in the name of
6. You spirit of fear, lose your hold upon my life and my family in the name of Jesus.
7. I command all human agents using spirit of fear to terrify me in the day or night to stumble and
fall in the name of Jesus
8. The fear of the unbelievers shall not be my portion this year.
9. I bind every spirit responsible for fear of tomorrow in my life in the name of Jesus
10. I close every negative door of fear in my life in Jesus name.
11. I decree that every sickness, disease, oppression and depression in my life as a result of fear
to disappear in Jesus name
12. As a member of RCCG, I receive my divine boldness as lion in Jesus name.